Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

This weekend was kinda eventful for me. I bought some goodies for myself a few days back and they came in the mail today! I got a yarn winder from Knit Picks, and a set of vintage suitcases from Ebay. I don't usually buy from Ebay because I'm always outbid, but these guys were just what I was looking for and I was the only bidder! I love them! They were also super clean and were not smelly at all, surprising for their age. They even had the original set of keys!! (Swoon!)


I also made my homemade laundry detergent for the 3rd year in a row! I found it on Pinterest (where else?) here, and have been using it ever since! I was about to throw away Axle's empty litter container, and decided it was the best place to store my detergent. Its meant to keep the contents dry, and holds like 5 gallons! Don't worry I did wash it first, even though it was just fresh litter!


Here it is all finished! Not pictured are the Fels-Naptha soap bars. For the first 2 years that I did this I grated the soap by hand. This year I bought myself a food processor for about $30, well worth it! Especially since I have found a great salsa recipe too! Just make sure your processor is cleaned thougholy before switching to food again.

Once I got everything put back into its place, Hubs came home and took me out to dinner! That sexy man knows I love some chips and dip!


Is he not just the cutest dang thang! (Ignore the cig, he is trying to quit and just holding it helps him, ...men)

Well, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment