Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY Week!



Ana White - Little Crates

This link will send you to the instructions I used to make my crates for the bathroom. FYI, its an addicting site, that will keep you on it for hours! Especially if you are a DIY-er like me.
Me and my husband made these in about an hour when we went to my mom's for the weekend. The tutorial said to use 1x4s but I wanted something a little deeper so we went with 1x8s. I was able to make 3 crates with this tutorial, and I only had to buy a few extra slat boards to compensate for my extra 4 inches. I think I bought 2 extra slats. I bought my materials at Home Depot and the guy running the saw was kind enough not to charge me for all my cuts, even though only 2 cuts are free. (but tell no one!) ;)

So, I hung them up about an hour ago, and as you can see (so far) they haven't fallen. Haha, I hope that they don't anyway.

I found the idea on Pinterest for these ideas, so if you aren't a member already, go find someone who is and ask them to invite you, its faster than requesting an invite. Mine took about 2-3 weeks, and my mom said "why didn't you just ask me?" -I had no idea she was already a member!

No comments:

Post a Comment