Monday, June 30, 2014

Beach Time!

Well, before I talk about the beach and make you all want another vacation, let me go ahead and brag a bit on my new camera. So if you have been keeping up with my posts, you will remember my husband got me a camera for our anniversary. While I have been using it, not much is worth posting about. Flowers and such mostly.

Now, I do! We recently went to visit with my husband's side of the family for Father's Day. I took my camera because I'm a shutter bug and you never know when you will get a good photo.

Well, I did. And I love it! This is Hubs little sister, with smoke from the grill behind her. It made for a beautiful background! 



Here is the original photo, along with the one I tinkered with just a bit. I'm not one to over-edit a photo, it's just a bit tacky. (my opinion) Although this original was a bit too light and did require some work. (I was in manual mode, trying to get used to the camera)

I have placed my Mark on them simply because the Internet has mean people on it. Sad, I know. So, please, no lectures.




Ok, now that I have bragged on my camera, and shown you my beautiful lil sis, how about some beach photos!





We rode down to Pensacola Beach with my little brother and his new wife (remember he got married!!) And we left at about 4AM! Not my cuppa! Halfway there we stopped at (where else on a road trip) Waffle House! Here we took a selfie, haha! No makeup, and barely awake! Except for my brother, he is used to 4am and is weird anyway.











We are here! 




Yay, I can't feel my rear!











My Dad and his sisters were already here, and this is where we stayed. Huge!

We all decided that his side of the family needed a family reunion and this is what was chosen, a beach trip!

My fam has such good taste!







After tossing all our gear into the appropriate bedroom, we hit the sand. So hot! So nice!

The awning on the left is brand new for this trip, but the colorful one on the right has been my aunt and uncle's since they were high school sweeties! It's a trooper of a tent!

From left to right:

Dad's leg, Hubby, bro and his wife, and the guy in the hat is my uncle.

We had it made in the shade, I don't know why we got out in the water at all.

Oh, yeah, it felt amazing! Not too cold or warm, just right. And clear as could be too!






BOOBS!

My brother is so mean to my Hubs, but they get along just great together!









After some sandy shenanigans, Hubs decided it was time to try out some of the beach toys the house offered.






He liked it, but wake boarding was really wearing him out. My brother, Hubs, and my cousin all took turns on it. 

It was soo much fun watching them fall over and over!





I went walking along the beach playing with my camera and found some guys having some fun in the shallow waves. 



This guy was really good!










A few nights before the trip was over, my brother suggested some beer pong. My Dad, me, Hubs, and Bro all played a round or two, but the battle really started between Hubs and Bro.



They stayed up for a few hours longer than everyone else because my brother simply would not accept defeat.

My Hubs loves this game and is really good at it, and the best part was he didn't tell my brother that!








The rest of our trip was about the same, tanning and swimming at the beach. Dining out, and grilling. Just chilling at the beach house.

The day we left, my aunt had planned for me to take some photos of the family. So we all grouped up in various places and smiled.

.
Right after I said that was enough, everyone went back inside and changed back into beach wear to soak up the last rays we could before leaving.

And that's our little vacation with my dad's side of the family. It was so nice to spend some quality time with some of the family members you don't get to see as often. The beach wasn't that bad either!

No comments:

Post a Comment