Thursday, August 14, 2014

Slim down those DVDs!!

Do you have LOADS of DVDs? I did, or at least I felt like I did! I found out today I only have about 70! Felt like I had over 100! So, today I did something about it!

I have seen these DVD organizing sleeves on Pinterest, where all your DVDs are organized in a clear sleeve, and they fit in a shoebox!! So I went hunting online to find these things, and let me tell you they were either unavailable or super expensive. Yall know I'm not gonna pay that much, so I did some DIYing!

I went to Office Max! Surely they will have these sleeve things for cheap! Or something similar!


I found these guys for $6 each! I bought 4 sets of sleeves, and 2 binders that go with them. They are just regular sheet protectors! And guess what?! They fit DVD covers in them perfectly!!


So I set to it! I took each cover out of the case and folded it on the spine, just a little offset. Be sure to check the fit with your sleeves here. Once you've folded a few, you wont need to measure much anymore. Then the DVD went in the cover, and it all went in the sleeve.

It's amazing how much room those cases takes up!!


This is my after photo! Look at all that space! This shelf was full before I got started! FULL!! Now its just Dwayne's Xbox games and our Harry Potter DVD set thats left. The rest is compressed into those binders! How awesome!

Yes, these are the same shelving units that I had set up in our living room, that I decorated with burlap to "hide" our stuff. These units have been with me for years and are so awesome, I use them for everything!


Ta-da! All 70 something DVDs, taking up only 4" of space! Ahh! So nice, and NOT an eyesore, as well!

Ok, so now what do I do with the cases? Well, I had a few ideas in mind, but I'm so busy with other things right now I decided not to start a new project. (Dwayne felt my forehead when I said that, and I can't blame him at all!, LOL)

To the recycle they go!


SO, did I make you want to do this? Let me know if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment